Friday, October 28, 2011

SO long since my last post.....where the heck does time go?






Its been a pretty crazy and as always eventful year. Where should I begin? Can it really be last Easter that I had time to blog? What happened to my quiet retirement in the sun? Life happened!

Isabella tried school here and hated it...so off she goes back to Santa Barbara breaking our hearts but knowing it was the best for her. She settled back very fast and lives with my daughter Rebecca and her three kids and all is going smooth...dare I say that out loud.

Gino and I got hard to work on Villa Isabella and its really looking like all the pictures that have been in my head since we bought this property several years ago. Scottish determination goes a long way and to give Gino lots of credit he is truly amazing at working outside...doing all kinds of handy stuff that I had no idea he could do. I married a smart man for sure.

Isabella came for the whole summer this year and we had some great times in our new pool and visits to our favorite beach Cefalu.

Poor Gino had a miserable spell in hospital with kidney stones.....a problem for him. Then to top that off he had to rush home to CA to fix a major nightmare a thieving manager at one of our restaurants. He worked hard at the restaurant and brought it back to life and I followed him and the end of the summer and together we worked Cucina Isabella handing it over to our best pal Amedus to run in our long absences.

Now its late October we are both together in Sicily. I came a month before Gino and he arrived two days ago.

We now have 4 dogs.....in order of who is the boss.....Winston the Beagle, Oliver the Golden Retriever, Max the big black German Shepherd and the baby of the bunch...followed by last I promised Gino.....Poppy my little near death dog that came thru the gate the one time it was left open. She is one sweet little dog and I recently had her fixed with my local vet and she is now very happily running with the pack....she might be in the lead...being the only female!

If 4 dogs were not enough...I am now up to 5 cats.....one by one they showed up....and now they are front of the house pets...dogs being the the back.

Its getting colder here but I truly don't seem to mind. As long as you are well dressed its fine....plus we have hot water bottles in bed at night...so delightful.

Mt. Etna as of just a few days ago continues to keep our attention. The airport was closed once again....this has been going on since summer.

I am only here till the end of November then back to CA to spend Xmas with the family and very excited as my brother Pat with his family are coming from Indonesia for the first time in years and my sweet brother Sean from Scotland. Big Milligan family reunion...guess who will be cooking?

OK I will add some pictures. Ciao for now

2 comments:

Jack Elliott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jack Elliott said...

It's a lovely house Rebecca and the kids have up there. I grew up just a few blocks away from where they're at. Can't wait to see Pat soon.

Signed, The Mushroom Hunter. . .(???)