Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter in Sicily






Easter Sunday was beautiful and we had the family over for lunch.... 19 of them...way too much food but somehow it all got eaten. Sicilian's love to eat and after cooking for hours its great to see it enjoyed.

They came at 11am and left at 11pm very long but lovely day. They came back the next day a little later and stayed till late again......Next big festa is The Madonna and of course I will keep you posted.

Why my kindle saves my sanity time and time again. Every where you go here it's a wait, a line, a queue. Its just the way it is. Years ago it drove me crazy but then I got smart and always had a book or knitting in my bag. Now in 2011 its my kindle. I just whip it out and who cares where I am or how slow they are. Thanks again to my pal Janet. I swear I have been in every office in Enna many for way too long as they sorted out our applications for citzenship and like every goverment office worldwide its seems too many people doing too little.

Next goal is our driver's license. Eye test, medical, post office for stamps don't even ask about this, bank for money for fees and we still do not have our license. I will post a photo if we ever get one.

Its windy this Easter Monday very windy...all night long...the seasons here are really interesting.....California weather is dull in comparison.

Moving forward a week or more.....time really does go fast here. The royal wedding Obama dead......the world is never dull............a lot like my life in Sicily.

This week our workers started again.......we are paving the front and back of the house. First up..the bulldozer with its many attachments....reminds me of my kitchen aid mixer...different tools for different jobs. So wish my grandson Oliver was here...what boy would not love watching this machine break thru concrete and dirt.

We have been blessed with the best workers here in Sicily. They fast become part of the family...maybe because I insist in feeding them.

Carmelo and his son Fabio are too adorable and love everything I put in front of them. Carmello is a world class chess player and we made a deal when the work is done he will teach me the game. I made a promise to feed them food from many countries. Today was Italian...tomorrow is American /hamburgers then we have Mexican, Chinese and Scottish food to follow. I might have to repeat some countries..my experience is limited.

I have also promised to find a wife for Carmelo who is a widower....one from Scotland may I add.........Liz if you ever break up with John I have the next one!

Last but not least....our new baby.....baby grand that is...........we fell in love with it and as neither Gino or I play its quite an absurd purchase.....but God does it look good in my living room.

Anyone that can play piano gets to stay at Villa Isabella for FREE!

No comments: