Sunday, June 17, 2012





OK.....where do I begin?  I will go backwards.  Today is June 17th 2012.  I have been at my home Villa Isabella for one month.  Leaving sunny California once again to start my easier life here in Sicily....did I just say easier????

My home had been shut up for nearly 6 months.  It was not a pretty sight.  The entire villa was dirty and neglected.  It made me very sad till I had my first glass of wine then I just got stuck in.  The house cleaning was actually fun and I had the goal of my first guests arriving two weeks after I arrived.  So there was no time to feel sorry for myself.  I hired Elena from Romania who cleaned all my windows all 28 of them.  They are now shining.

The land was also in dire need of attention and I hired Eric from Ghana and Trust from Nigeria two immigrants living nearby.  They were both such a great help and I am going to dedicate a complete blog to their story very soon.  Angela Pavone a man I love and adore showed up knowing I was on my own and started work on the land cutting all my weeds.

I think I might have forgot to mention I am once again here on my own.  Leaving Gino at home in Camarillo dealing with our business.  Isabella finishing school in Santa Barbara.  Both arrive in 5 days and I am counting the minutes.

Back to Villa Isabella....with Elena Eric Trust and Angelo and me.... two weeks later the villa was finally home again.  Oh the pool was no fun but today as I type its sparking blue and very inviting.

My dogs Winston the Beagle.....Max the Black German Shepherd and Oliver the somewhat mutt Golden retriever were all in good health and very happy to have me back.  Sadly my last little dog Poppy who was an escape artist was not here to greet me and I still miss her.  Always hoping she will one day return.  Although I always had animals in my life these dogs here have become so special to me and I cannot describe my love for them.  Animals here are just not well cared for....of course there are good people here that love all animals but there is a huge animal neglect problem and many wild and abandoned dogs which is very hard to see on a daily basis.  They seem to spend their time at the trash cans and its always difficult for me to take my trash as I cannot not look around for puppies or kittens.

Just last week a brought a tiny baby kitten home..sadly after two days it passed away.  Please do not tell Gino but I am bringing three kittens home tomorrow from our local pet store....shhss

So Villa Isabella was in good shape when Tina and Chris arrived from Scotland for a one week stay.  I knew Tina from my childhood and thanks to FB we reconnected some 40yrs later.  I was in dire need of company and  what great company I got.  Easy going fun generous loved my dogs wonderful wonderful people and it was sad to say goodbye to them yesterday.  They will be back though of this I am sure.

So now I have a few days to relax settle the kittens into their new home and get ready for Gino and Isabella.   Ciao from Villa Isabella....more blogging very soon.


1 comment:

Katherine Hamilton said...

Wonderful that you are back to writing of your life! Enjoyed it! We had a wonderful dinner at Cucina last week and Gino was in fine form, even pouring us a little special port at the end of a fantastic meal and conversation. I know you must be so thrilled that he and Isabella will be there soon. Miss you, and sending love....Kathy H.