Monday, July 7, 2014

Good morning Mt. Etna

There are so many things I adore about living in Sicily. My all time favorite is the morning and sometimes night view of Mt.Etna. I am close enough to enjoy the glory that is Etna but far enough away to feel quite safe. I start most days here checking Etna snapping photos at the break of dawn if the light is good enough and often go to bed checking the sunset over Etna and in my own way saying buonanotte/goodnight to the world. It's early June and I have been here since April. The weather has been fun and very unpredictable. We have had rain, sleet, snow almost tornadoes and boiling hot sun. Today is sunny and glorious and quite the perfect day. Time got away from me...its now July 7th. We have had several guests here at Villa Isabella. Tina and Chris returned for a second visit from Bonnie Scotland. What fun we had. They made us lazy as all they wanted to do was relax around the pool. What wonderful company they were. My animals are a huge part of my life here at Villa Isabella. Last year when I left for California we had 4 dogs and about 12 cats/kittens. When I returned we had two dogs and a brand new mix of cats/kittens. Hardest part was Winston our beagle was gone for several months and I was so sure we would never see him again. Last week as I lazy napping by the pool a very well fed Winston jumped up and licked me all over. He came home :) Who ever had him for 6 months at least he was well fed but they must have locked him up or he would have been home sooner. So he has happily got back into the swing of being top dog here with Max and Oliver and the 5 new kittens who he sleeps next to every night. The summer has been wonderful here I have enjoyed my time with my husband Gino as we had been apart for several months and will be again as this seems to be the pattern of our back and forth life. Never dull thats for sure. I am now headed to the kitchen to prepare lunch for our current guests Kristen and Tom a lovely American couple staying with us for a couple of days.

No comments: